We are proud of the warmth and dedication that our team brings to the program. Staff members are carefully selected for their enthusiasm, creativity, expertise, and educational background. All applicants undergo an intensive hiring process including a formal interview and CORI and SORI background checks. Many of our staff members return year after year and hold teaching degrees and advanced certifications. Swim staff hold the required American Red Cross certifications and Water Safety Instructor certifications. A full-time registered nurse is available to attend to the healthcare needs of all campers and staff. We are committed to providing an enriching, safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Our daughter has grown in confidence (especially around drama) and in her ability to make friends. We are thrilled with the program and with the support of your staff. - Intermediate Camp Family
Overall camper-to-staff ratios range from 5:1 to 7:1. Coed group sizes range from 15 to 20 campers with four to five staff members. Staffing teams consist of head staff (college graduates/teachers), assistant counselors (college level students) and junior counselors (junior or senior high school student). Counselors greet campers each morning and assist them with scheduling activities and managing their day. Swim staff carefully evaluate campers' skill and comfort level before assigning them to an appropriate swim level and small group (four to five campers). Each swim group is assigned a certified swim instructor/lifeguard.
Applicants for the 2020 summer must be available from June 22-August 14; half summers may be considered.
We are now accepting applications for the following lead position(s):
- Wood Working (grades 1-6)
- Dance (grades 4-6)
- Art (grades 1-6)
- Swim (WSI or LT certified)
We are also accepting applications for the following assistant level positions for art, dance, sports, swim and drama
To learn more and/or to express interest, contact Marcus Nickerson at email@example.com.
Job Levels/ Descriptions (For Reference)
- Manage and supervise a specified camper division within the camp
- Schedule classes and special events
- Provide support to campers, families, and staff
- Provide staff training and feedback
- Communicate with families
Qualifications: College graduate with demonstrated leadership experience in an educational environment.
- Responsible for curriculum planning and implementation
- Provide safe classroom expectations
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Manage and support a specific age range of campers
- Mentor and assign appropriate tasks to assistant and junior counselors
Qualifications: College graduate with favorable recommendations working with and/or managing children.
Assistant and Junior Counselors
- Assists Head Counselor with curriculum implementation
- Provides campers with additional transitional, behavioral, or activity support
- Attend group meetings and trainings
- Assist set-up for camp special events
- Create goals for increased responsibility and leadership
Qualifications: Assistant positions are available for students who have or will have completed High School prior to the summer. Junior positions are for students entering grades 11 and 12. Specific activity skills and/or experience are required.
- Responsible for leading swim instruction in small groups with all levels
- Provide overall safety at pools through supervision and lifeguarding
- Prepare camper report summaries
- Basic pool maintenance and cleanliness
Qualifications: Swim staff must have current Water Safety and/or Lifeguard Certifications on file prior to the start of summer.