Summer Camp Staff Employment
"Our daughter has grown in confidence (especially around drama) and in her ability to make friends. We are thrilled with the program and with the support of your staff."
We are proud of the warmth and dedication that our staff bring to our program. Staff members are carefully selected for their enthusiasm, creativity, expertise and educational background. All applicants undergo an intensive hiring process including a formal interview and CORI and SORI background checks. Many of our staff members return year after year and hold teaching degrees and advanced certifications. Swim staff hold the required American Red Cross certifications and Water Safety Instructor certifications. A full time registered nurse is available to attend to the healthcare needs of all campers and staff. We are committed to providing an enriching, safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Camper to Staff Ratios
Overall camper to staff ratios range from 4:1 to 7:1. Coed group sizes range from 15 to 20 campers with three to five staff members. Staffing teams consist of head counselors (college graduates), assistant counselors (college level students) and junior counselors (junior or senior level high school students). Counselors greet campers each morning and assist them with scheduling activities and managing their day. Swim staff carefully evaluate each campers' skill and comfort level before assigning them to an appropriate swim level and small group (four to five campers). Each swim group is assigned a certified swim instructor/lifeguard.
2022 Current Staff Openings
- Pre-School Teacher
- Art Instructor
- Dance Instructor
- Piano Teacher/Accompanist
Job Levels & Descriptions For Reference
- Manage and supervise a specific division or program within camp
- Schedule classes and special events
- Provide support to campers, families, and staff
- Provide staff training and feedback
- Coordinate parent communication
Qualifications: College graduate with demonstrated leadership experience in an education environment.
- Responsible for curriculum planning and implementation
- Provide safe classroom expectations
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Manage and support a specific age range of campers
- Mentor and assign appropriate tasks to assistant and junior counselors
Qualifications: College graduate with demonstrated experience both teaching their activity and managing groups of children.
- Assist Head Counselor with curriculum implementation
- Provide campers with additional transitional, behavioral, or activity support
- Attend group meetings and trainings
- Assist with set up for camp special events
- Create goals for increased responsibility and leadership
Qualifications: Assistant positions are available for students who have or will have completed High School prior to the summer. Junior positions are for students entering grades 11 and 12. Specific activity skills and / or experience are required.
- Responsible for leading swim instruction in small groups and in all levels
- Provide overall safety at pools through supervision and lifeguarding
- Prepare camper progress reports
- Basic pool maintenance and cleanliness
Qualifications: Swim staff must have current lifeguard certifications on file prior to the start of summer. Water Safety Certification is preferred.