We are proud of the warmth and dedication that our team brings to the program. Staff members are carefully selected for their enthusiasm, creativity, expertise and educational background. All applicants undergo an intensive hiring process including a formal interview and CORI and SORI background checks. Many of our staff members return year after year and hold teaching degrees and advanced certifications. Swim staff hold the required American Red Cross certifications and Water Safety Instructor certifications. A full time registered nurse is available to attend to the healthcare needs of all campers and staff. We are committed to providing an enriching, safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Our daughter has grown in confidence (especially around drama) and in her ability to make friends. We are thrilled with the program and with the support of your staff. - Intermediate Camp Family
Camper to Staff Ratios
Overall camper to staff ratios range from 4:1 to 6:1. Coed group sizes range from 15 to 20 campers with four to five staff members. Staffing teams consist of head staff (college graduates), assistant counselors (college level students) and junior counselors (junior or senior level high school student). Counselors greet campers each morning and assist them with scheduling activities and managing their day. Swim staff carefully evaluate each campers' skill and comfort level before assigning them to an appropriate swim level and small group (four to five campers). Each swim group is assigned a certified swim instructor/lifeguard.
Applications/Resumes are now being accepted for the 2017 summer camp season; please send interest and any questions, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Levels/ Descriptions For Reference
- Manage and supervise a specific division or program within camp
- Provide support and advice to their team of staff
- Coordinate parent communication
Qualifications: College graduate with demonstrated leadership experience in an education environment.
- Responsible for the leadership of a specific camp activity
- Current camp activities led by specialists include: archery, sports, art, woodworking, drama, movement, video, computers, photography, dance, martial arts, music, and nature
- Design and teach a rich and varied curriculum in a specific activity
- Work with either the 3 to 5 year old or 6 to 14 year old age ranges
- Mentor assistant and junior counselors
Qualifications: College graduate with demonstrated experience both teaching their activity and managing groups of children.
Assistant and Junior Counselors
- Assists Head Counselor in managing a specific group of campers
- Provides campers with additional transitional or activity support
- Be an active member in group meetings
- Assist set-up for camp special events
- Many opportunities for responsibility and leadership
Qualifications: Junior level positions are for students entering grades 11 and 12. Assistant level positions are for students who have or will have completed High School prior to the summer.
- Responsible for leading swim instruction in all age groups
- Provide overall safety at pools through supervision and lifeguarding
Qualifications: Swim staff must have current lifeguard certifications on file prior to the start of summer. Water Safety Certification is preferred.